What is the Active Ageing program?
A government subsidised program that doubles as a research project targeting inactive older Australians over 65 and Indigenous Australians over 55 years of age.
It consists of a pre-assessment session, 12 weekly exercise group sessions and post-assessment over a maximum of 16 weeks.
- Move more through affordable exercise classes led by university qualified professionals
- Improve your quality of life and overall health
- Connect with like-minded people in a fun and friendly setting
What is Included?
- 1 x Pre-exercise Screening
- 1 x Initial Assessment - $18.50
- 12 x 1-hour in-person sessions - $8/class
- 1 x Post-Assessment - FREE
The initial assessment with an exercise physiologist will involve gathering a brief medical and physical activity history along with the completion of pre-assessment measures and questions.
The pre-assessment will help guide the prescription of your individual program and will form baseline results for comparison at the end of the 12 weekly sessions. These results, which will be de-identified, will also be used as part of the wider research project.
The exercise group sessions will involve the completion of an individually tailored exercise program prescribed and supervised by an exercise physiologist to help meet participants specific goals and needs.